We met the most fun, true-to-self, and authentic photographers in Minnesota. We proudly introduce to you, Kyle and Tracy of RKH Images! These two have the cutest pups, the best camera case, and a knack for capturing couple’s biggest moments. Keep reading to see them!
1. Please give us a brief overview of your company.
RKH Images has been photographing weddings since 2010. We are a husband wife team that like to bring out the best in our clients and one another. We like to have the most fun in life that we can.
2. What is your Company’s mission?
To provide our clients with the best customer service possible and make sure they don’t have to worry a bit about photography when it comes to their big day.
3. What are your Company’s top three core values?
– Customer service
4. How did the Company get started?
We got started when I was laid off from a job of seven years. I couldn’t afford a Christmas present for Kyle and he was doing photography as a hobby. I do website coding on the side, so I built him a website to showcase his portfolio. He began shooting concerts for local radio stations and then shot a wedding for a family member to see if we could do it. We loved it and went from there. For eight years, we did our full time jobs and photography on the side. The amount of weddings really blew up around 2014 and since August 2018, we have been only doing photography as a job.
5. What sets you apart from other companies?
Expanded knowledge of various forms of photography. Having shot not only weddings, but years of concerts, professional sports, and more, we have come to understand how to control light in even the darkest or brightest of situations. Photography is all about controlling light and we feel this has helped us exponentially. We also have a lifetime of work in customer service fields, which is incredibly important to us.
6. To what do you attribute the Company’s success?
Getting to know our clients on a personal level and communicating well with them and each other.
7. What are some of the Company’s goals for this year?
– Challenge ourselves as much as possible
– Find things to photograph on the off season
– Finish building our studio
Now a little bit about you!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you two meet?
We met in 1999 at the record store we both worked at. We started dating in 2001, got married in 2007, and have been together ever since.
2. What is your favorite thing about doing what you do?
Kyle – Creative freedom
Tracy – Being able to work with all the different people we get to know
3. Who is your role model or someone that inspires you?
Kyle – Ross Halfin
Tracy – Kyle
4. If you could give the world, your friends, or your clients, one piece of advice,
what would it be?
Kyle – Follow your passion. Even if you do it on the side, it will still make you happy.
Tracy – Don’t sweat the small stuff. In the end, it’s not worth it anyway.
5. What is currently your favorite show on Netflix and/or your favorite book?
We are binging on the original 1990’s “Melrose Place” right now. It’s hilarious.
Want to see some of their work? Check out this Rainy Day Halloween Wedding in Southern Minnesota
Minnesotans and Texans Come Together for a Chilly Winter Wedding in Minneapolis.
These REAL WEDDINGS are beautiful reminders to be silly, have fun, and enjoy every moment!
Also, huge thank you to Emma Halet Photography for taking pictures of these Tracy & Kyle!
To reach RKH Images, view their listing here or give them a call, (612) 423-2803, and set up a coffee!
photographer // Emma Halet Photography